Schedule 10 minutes with our team to learn how you can join OpenMarkets.
OpenMarkets, the leading marketplace for healthcare equipment, recently held their 3rd Provider Advisory Council Summit in Chicago. This two day event brought together a diverse group of leaders from six different provider organizations, with the purpose of sharing insight into collaboration and efficiency strategies in equipment procurement.
“The way healthcare equipment is bought and sold is broken,” said OpenMarkets Co-Founder and SVP Tom Derrick. “Providers face a difficult set of challenges as they balance physician needs and financial reality. The OpenMarkets Provider Advisory Council serves as a strategic working group, helping our leadership to understand their perspectives and challenges. This allows us to better create solutions that actually help drive out waste for providers and equipment suppliers.”
Sessions were led by CEO Michael Fineberg and John Strong, an advisor to the company and long-time expert in the healthcare supply chain. The overarching theme of the summit was “Understanding Team Dynamics,” and key sessions included:
· Mission & Values of OpenMarkets
· Supply chain trends heading into 2018
· The role of clinicians, finance and clinical engineering in equipment procurement
· Role of standardization
· The OpenMarkets Supplier Portfolio
The final session guided the Council members through the value prop of the nearly 100 suppliers in the OpenMarkets Community. For Todd DeRoo, AVP of the Supply Chain CHRISTUS Health Trinity Mother Francis, this was a “welcome opportunity to get to know the suppliers who believe in OpenMarkets and are eager to work in a new, progressive way. We want to support these suppliers.”
Members of the Council include:
· Mary Alexander, Parkland Health & Hospital Center, Dallas TX
· Todd DeRoo, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances, Tyler TX
· Jeff Friant, Edward_Elmhurst Health, Naperville IL
· Susan Hudson, Martin Health System, Stuart FL
· Kenyetta Robinson, Beaumont Health, Royal Oak MI
· Andrew Stiles, Greenville Health System, Greenville SC
OpenMarkets looks forward to hosting the Council again in Spring 2018.