Sign up today to work with suppliers on OpenMarkets
No patient or health system is the same, and it’s important that their differences should be celebrated and reflected throughout the healthcare providers’ supply chains, beginning with their equipment suppliers.
A study published by Hospitals in Pursuit of Excellence describes supplier diversity as “at least 51 percent owned, managed and operated by minorities, women or veterans.” There is a big drive from healthcare providers to work more often with equipment suppliers who prioritize diversity. In fact, some health systems even have a specific Supply Chain leader who focuses on bringing more of these suppliers into the health system’s supply chain. CHRISTUS Health is one of these health systems, having developed their Office of Diversity and Inclusion to focus on diversity in all departments throughout the organization. Their Diversity Supplier Council created in 2014 ensures that diversity is more integrated in the health system and how they can best utilize their relationship with these suppliers.
CHRISTUS’ Diversity Supplier Council discovered that some diverse suppliers lack the resources or budget to compete against their larger, more well-known competitors. CHRISTUS’ Council offers these small businesses mentoring and coaching to develop better selling strategies. Since establishing the Diversity Supplier Council in 2014, CHRISTUS Health has seen nearly a 100 percent increase in the number of identified diverse suppliers.
Is your organization seeking to expand your work with women, minority and veteran owned suppliers? We know many of you are, and the OpenMarkets platform is designed with this in mind, as it streamlines how you can meet and work with new diverse suppliers.
OpenMarkets is proud to feature women, minority, and veteran owned Suppliers in our Community, including:
• Alco Sales & Service - Veteran owned
• AMG Equipment - Veteran owned
• Auxo Medical - Veteran owned
• Bayland Technologies - Veteran owned
• Brown’s Medical Imaging - Veteran owned
• Bryton Corporation - Woman-owned
• Faxitron Bioptics - Minority-owned
• Hard Manufacturing - Woman-owned
• Image Diagnostics - Veteran-owned
• Kerma Medical - Minority-owned, Veteran-owned
• PT Medical Technologies - Minority-owned
• Scientific Air Management - Veteran-owned
• Triagetech - Veteran-owned
• WestCMR - Veteran-owned