Account Manager - Suppliers
Our Account Managers are passionate about helping their supplier clients succeed. They build relationships far and wide within organizations, and they ask the tough questions that uncover new opportunities for delivering value. Suppliers don’t just renew after a partnership term ends; they want to work even more closely together.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with sales & marketing colleagues to manage onboarding process for new suppliers
- Develop trust and learn about suppliers’ business needs from the outset
- Create account plans and stakeholder maps, identifying challenges – and solutions – early-on
- Be the day-to-day face of OpenMarkets to a dedicated portfolio of supplier clients, answering questions and providing coaching/feedback in real-time, as needed
- Conduct formal business reviews each quarter, sharing meaningful, comparative data insights that will improve future performance
- Closely monitor platform activity during intervening periods to identify at-risk clients
- Ensure timely delivery of any dedicated marketing & data support
- Collaborate closely with sales colleagues on renewal agreements
- Maintain clean, crisp records with an ability to share weekly headlines with senior leadership
What skills should you have?
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience working in account management or customer service, preferably in healthcare or tech
- Demonstrated success in building deep, meaningful relationships across a client’s organization – both vertically and horizontally
- Strong strategy and problem-solving skills (e.g. identifying client needs, creating mutually-agreeable plans, managing relationships w/ diverse stakeholders, solving issues collaboratively)
- Knowledge of or interest in learning about healthcare purchasing
- Ability to collaborate effectively and often with colleagues internally for the benefit of the client
- Experience using Salesforce, working with data in Excel, and creating killer decks
Who are we?
OpenMarkets operates an online platform that connects buyers and sellers of healthcare equipment. We’re laser-focused on making buying and selling easier for both sides with our various software solutions.
We have an awesome downtown Chicago office, with an even more awesome team. Our office culture is laid back and fun – but we’re extremely passionate about growing this business. Our community currently includes more than 850 healthcare institutions and 125 equipment suppliers, and our topline revenue grew by more than 40% last year.
What we offer.
- Competitive salary, with incentive-based pay
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement planning – matching 401(k) support
- Paid time off
- Maternity/paternity leave options
- Remote work options
- Free coffee, tea, and snacks each week
We want everyone
OpenMarkets believes that we can only make healthcare work for everyone if we get everyone to work on it, which means that we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.