Marketing & Business Development Intern
OpenMarkets is a rapidly growing healthcare technology and service company in Chicago, IL. We’re building modern software tools to improve the healthcare equipment marketplace, with products designed for supply chain, finance, and clinical teams at hospitals and national sales teams of healthcare equipment suppliers. Our data helps hospitals plan and purchase faster while giving equipment suppliers access to lower their cost of sale. You will be part of our entrepreneurial team, meaning every day has unique challenges and projects. You’ll get to know our whole team and see an impact of your work on our mission —to build an efficient marketplace for healthcare that creates value for providers and suppliers, making care safer and affordable for consumers.
What You’ll Work On:
Our marketing and sales development interns play an important role in the creation of new customers. You’ll be tasked with executing email marketing and cold calling to build your own sales funnel, and for developing a smooth handoff to the Account Management team.
You’ll be promoting software, a solution and a vision for positive change, with strong tailwinds behind you, including:
- A user base growing 200% year - and speeding up
- A base of large, established customers, including Henry Schein, Baptist Health, STERIS, Avera Health, Clorox, Edward-Elmhurst Health, and HP.
In short, this is a great place to sell.
If you’re interested in working in a startup environment and passionate about changing the healthcare industry, we would love to meet you.
- Pitch OpenMarkets to augment and replace how current organizations buy and sell equipment
- Target health systems, hospitals, surgical centers and/or imaging centers
- Meet and exceed weekly goals
- Develop a pipeline by identifying, researching, and soliciting new accounts individually
- Create, conduct and regularly improve routine email marketing campaigns
- Cold calling – strategically. It’s not just about the quantity of calls you make, but the ability to tailor your messaging individually to each prospect using a mix of creativity and research about the prospect
- Become an OpenMarkets product authority to lead online and onsite product demonstrations
- Organize and stay ahead of daily activity within Salesforce and marketing automation software
- Collaborate with the OpenMarkets Account Management team to ensure expectations set during the sales process are achieved during implementation
- You have a creative spirit and result-driven, can do attitude
- Self-starting expertise, with the gift of being deeply effective while working independently
- A balance of coach-ability and confidence
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive
- You have a dream to learn and develop sales skills within an ever-changing sales organization, and are always looking for ways to improve
- You possess the innate ability to encourage passion in others
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Extraordinary time management skills and attention to detail
We want everyone OpenMarkets believes that we can only make healthcare work for everyone if we get everyone to work on it, which means that we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.